The Museum reopens under Alert Level 2 from Tuesday 19 May.
The Museum team have been working hard to make the Museum visitor-friendly and safe. We're laying out visitor routes to keep people safe, instituting a comprehensive regular cleaning regime, and removing or rearranging some display items while the COVID threat is still present. The Museum will also maintain a contact tracing register as per government requirements.
Our services will see some changes as we follow government guidelines to protect both staff and visitors, in line with government recommendations.
- Must sanitise their hands on entry
- Queue at reception to provide contact details before entering the galleries
- Maintain social distancing from others
- Follow prescribed visitor routes through the Museum intended to promote social distancing and your safety.
- Follow any staff directions
Research services and visits
- All research visits will now be by appointment only
- Maximum of two people at a time in each appointment
- 25 minute appointment slots are available between 1 pm to 4.30 pm, Tuesday to Friday and Sunday
- To allow for other users normally only two adjacent slots can be booked at a time (for an appointment of 50 minutes). If you need longer than that please discuss your needs with our staff.
- To book an appointment, either email us or call on 03 6877212